As a teacher at Hobsonville Point Secondary school, I have been part of the foundation staff that established one of New Zealand’s most innovative secondary schools. As well as being a classroom teacher, working in collaborative cross-curricular teams, I also work as a member of the Professional Learning Team where my role focuses on supporting teachers with the integration of e-learning in their practice. In my role as Learning Community Leader, I act both as a pastoral leader, as well collaborating with a team to develop a future focussed, dispositional curriculum. As My Time Coordinator, I led the organisation and vision of the students’ flexible learning time.
#edchatNZ (2012 – present)
As the founder and president of #edchatNZ, I have worked relentlessly to empower educators across the country through knowledge and connection. This manifests itself in a number of ways including professional learning, developing professional relationships and discussions, but also contributing to developing a positive public image of teachers. #edchatNZ aims to build a network of supportive, inspirational educators who collaborate and share for the good of the students in front of them, whoever and wherever they may be.
NEAL Public Education Trust (2013 – 2014)
- E-learning facilitator
Albany Junior High School (2012 – 2013)
- Maths and science teacher
- Habits of Mind coordinator
The Marlowe Academy (February 2012 – August 2012)
- Science teacher (based in Ramsgate, England)
- Open Polytechnic iQualify Secondary School Advisory - 2016
- Startup Weekend Auckland Mentor - 2016
- University of Auckland Faculty of Education Class Representative - 2010
- President of the University of Auckland, Biology Students Association - 2007, 2008
- University of Auckland School of Biological Sciences Class Representative - 2007, 2008, 2009