Future focussed pedagogy and practice: I have four years experience working in an Innovative Learning Environment, where I teach in collaborative teaching teams and design personalised, inquiry driven, inter-disciplinary courses. Additionally, the focus of my masters project on education futures means that I bring an academic lens and additional depth to my understanding and development of future focused practices and pedagogy.
- “Danielle truly understands future focused pedagogy as both an idea and how it applies in the classroom. She designs inspiring learning experiences for her students and is confident in facilitating these lessons both individually and in co-teaching situations. These lessons combine disciplinary and dispositional learning opportunities in a way that stands out as future focused.” Steve Mouldey, Learning Design Leader, 2015
Collaboration and teamwork: I work hard to win the loyalty, trust and respect of my colleagues, as I firmly believe that our shared experiences and expertise leads to more effective problem solving for the benefit of all our students.
- “She really believes, ownership and constructive collaboration lead to large professional development.” John Cluett, Head Of Department, Albany Junior High School
Leadership: I am dedicated to developing my own leadership skills as well as those of teachers across New Zealand to ensure that we have knowledgeable and adaptive experts leading change in education.
- “I have been really impressed in the way you have developed a national movement that encourages putting the spotlight on others and developing a network of national leaders.” Claire Amos, Education Council Member, Deputy Principal at Hobsonville Point Secondary School
- “Her leadership in staff support is outstanding. She has amazing empathy and picks up staff that have fallen by the way with skills to bring them back on board.” John Cluett, Head Of Department, Albany Junior High School, 2013
Strategic and Critical Thinking: I really enjoying critically examining and researching a problem, and designing creative solutions. Being able to break down creative solutions into small achievable steps means that I am able to achieve large goals. I am able to maintain the big picture at all times.
- “Her all seeing eye allows her to make strategy look like a Myburgh trait. Danielle is able to recognise long-term goals and implement the necessary strategic steps for continued success.” John Cluett, Head Of Department, Albany Junior High School, 2013
Facilitating Professional Learning: Over that past five years I have facilitated a range of professional learning in various contexts. As well as organising a free, open, national, online discussion for educators once a fortnight around topical education practices and issues, I have organised two conferences that showcased modern learning practices in context. Additionally, In 2016, I designed and hosted a free online course about Education Futures. I have also acted as a member of the Professional Learning Team at Hobsonville Point Secondary School, as well as an e-learning facilitator for the NEAL Education Trust.
- “Danielle's leadership of this community is truly stunning and is contributing to the growth of all of us at work” Maurie Abraham Principal of Hobsonville Point Secondary School, 2014
- “Finished the #edchatNZMOOC Woohoo! What an incredible mind-bending/exploding 11+ weeks. Thanks so much @MissDtheTeacher #moocs4lyfe.” Leanne Stubbing, Teacher, 2016
E-Learning: As well as acting as an e-learning facilitator with the NEAL Education Trust, I have acted as the e-learning specialist classroom teacher at Hobsonville Point Secondary School. Additionally, my masters research around MOOCs (massive open online courses) has contributed to a sound understanding of best practice in online spaces. I have also facilitated the development of multiple best practice guides, as well as contributing in advisory roles for a range of software developers.
- “I like it how she knows a lot about smart devices” Student response in a feedback survey, 2013